Monday, November 22, 2010

Family History

This is a topic that is very close to my heart. The importance of Family History is very important to me because we need to save our ancestors and loved ones that did not have the opportunity to hear about the gospel here on the Earth. Our relatives that never got the chance to get baptized.

I have really been blessed this year alone because, I have struck many of what I call, goldmines in my family history research. I have discovered at least 2-3 new generations this year alone. I have had the opportunity and privilege to be baptized for them at the Holy Temple. It truly is a remarkable experience for me, and I am pretty sure that it is for them.

The picture above also shows the importance of preserving any important artifact or picture that your deceased loved ones left behind. The person on the left, is my little sister, and to the right is my mother, both around the same age. They really look alike. Any picture that I have of a relative helps me put a face to the name of the person that I am doing the work for. It really gets me motivated to keep moving forward, and it has worked.

 I have a suggestion, that you should read or watch Elder Russell M. Nelson's April 2010 General Conference talk about family history.

No comments:

Post a Comment