Saturday, October 9, 2010

A Recent Survey Makes Mormons Top 3 in the Nation

Recently the Pew Research Center ranked Mormons number three, number three for knowing their religion and the religious views of other people.


Recently in my COMM 111 class here at BYU-Idaho, our professor said that we should take that quiz. So we took it in class. I got 13 out of 15 questions. It was a simple survey where it asked questions like " What religion was Joseph Smith?" Of course the LDS Community would all get that answer right!


A week after the class did this, I took the survey again just to see what I would score again. Can you guess what I scored? I did worse. Well not that much, I ended up receiving a 12 out of 15 for a score of 80%.


What is nice about this quiz, is that you can see what answers you got wrong and see the correct ones at the same time. You can compare with religions, gender, education, etc. 


Here is a link to an article that I found very interesting. You can see more results of what Americans really think, and some more numbers. 


I suggest that you take this quiz and see how much you know about religions. It was fun and educational at the same time. If you want to take the quiz,  You can find the quiz linked here. Have fun, and let me know how you did, and Good Luck!

3 comments:

  1. I am sad to say I only scored an 8/15! But I was never raised in any church as a child, so I suppose that's not too bad! I did learn that there a couple things I could study up on and even have a better understanding in my own faith! Thanks.. it was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Derek got an 11/15! But he got opposite one's wrong of me! I guess that means together we could get 15/15! lol...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see that you both took the test. I had no idea that I actually knew that much. I love learning things from other religions.

    ReplyDelete